Wednesday, February 1, 2012

He is my "Son-shine"

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray.  You'll never know, dear, how  much I love you.  Please don't take my sunshine away".....remember this song? :)  These days, it is one that I sing to my grandkids, especially when they might be crying, mommy is tired, and Grammy gets the blessing of rocking a little precious, overtired grandbaby to sleep.  In that moment, as I am walking up and down the hallway, with that little precious body cradled in my arms, our eyes locked on one another, singing my little "sunshine" song, there is nowhere else in this world that I would rather be!  I keep singing that song, low and slow, over and over and over.....and before long, the eyes start to droop, the cries turn to hiccups, the tight little body starts to relax, and ahhhh, baby is asleep :)  Don't you wish sometimes that you could be a baby.....your body is tight with worry, your jaw is clenched, your heart is pounding with stress....and someone gathers you up, holds you close in loving arms, and sings a love song into your ear until you melt into sleep?  When I wrote the title for my blog, that is exactly the picture I had in my mind of who Jesus is to me......He is my "Son-shine"!  Jesus, the son of God, shines on my life each and every day!  He shines on the good parts of me making me even better and He shines on the yucky parts of me showing me where I need Him more.  His arms are around me, His eyes are focused on me, and He is ALWAYS singing a love song into my ear........can you hear it, too? "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy......."

1 comment:

  1. Great first post, Kim!

    I can just picture you doing this and it looks great.

    Keep up the good work.

    Maybe add a link to an MP3 of you signing the song. That would be awesome!

    Walt

    ReplyDelete